Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nonemergency Blog Post

Making another post because what else can I do my computer is down ;_;

Wonderfest


Okay so Wonderfest happened and it was pretty exciting. There'll still be a lot of stuff trickling through that I haven't seen yet, but a lot of that will be unofficial stuff only sold there that I could never get and thus almost don't even want to see. Plus if there was too much stuff the idea of a comprehensive list of everything I want from it would be too daunting. And why am I making such a list anyways when I could just do something more productive? I don't know well I figure the blog should get more pictures, most blogs have a lot of pictures. I'll also rate how much I want them and why.






TV Mode Black Rock Shooter Nendoroid
This thing looks great sure but I already have a Black Rock Shooter Nendoroid. I'd have to see what sort of accessories she came with. B+























Hood mode TV mode BRS Figma
This thing looks great wow. I don't think it's the one that's exclusive with the blu ray bundle and will thus cost like five hundred bucks but if it is that's a dealbreaker. Really cool though, as are most of the figmas unveiled. Argh but I don't want to collect two lines, that is too many. B+

















Main girl from Guilty Crown figma
I gave up on Guilty Crown but I still really like this character design, mainly the colour scheme. This is pretty nice sure but the articulation is a bit distracting. B-





































Madokami scale figure

I never figured out if this was GSC or some other company or fanmade or what but oh man it looks good, eh? I'd love to see it painted. Too bad it'll be crazy crazy expensive/hard to find. S+



































Link figma

Woah ho ho I don't think anyone was expecting this, even with figma Samus and all. So cool! I hope the accessories and detail doesn't get severely nerfed for the huge print run they'll probably do, potentially this has like best figma ever. Speaking of potential, it seems like Max Factory has the ability to get whatever Nintendo licenses they want. FIGMA CAPTAIN FALCON??? *














Yamada!!! Nendoroid
Argh if they keep doing Working!! Nendoroids I'm gonna eventually get one and then get them all. Either Yamada or Popura is my favorite character, I'm not sure which. I think Popura's design is a bit better but it really comes down to the accessories and such. I didn't really like the ones they gave Inami, who I also like the design of quite a bit, I thought they were too "out there". A-





























Nano Nendoroid

Oh man oh man this is great I did not see this coming not one bit. Oh man. This is such great news. I had pretty much given up hope for basically any Nichijou merchandise, let alone something as cool as a Nendoroid. But Nano is so perfect for one! The mind reels at the possibilities for accessories and such. ****































Hakase Nendoroid

And awwwww yeah they're doing Hakase too! Awesome awesome! Comes with Sakamoto, awesome!! Hopefully they'll do the rest of the main cast too. ***



































Griffith Figma

This is pretty neat but honestly what I'm more excited about is that they're really committing to Berserk figmas it seems and that might mean SKULL KNIGHT FIGMA, which is basically one of the cooler things I'm able to imagine. B-



































Nendoroid Petite Charlotte
Wow I didn't see this coming. Cool! I hope they do the rest of the witches too but I guess Charlotte is my favorite. Or uh praying shadow one can't remember her name. Cool stuff. A


































Ika Musume Nendoroid

Okay this I did expect. Well, it is what it is, and what that is is wholly irresistible. Really curious to see what they'll do with accessories and such. So much potential! **



































Guilty Crown girl Nendoroid

Wow this looks great! If there's cool stuff with it I might be entirely sold. I can't get over how well that colour scheme works, and the facial expression is great too! And the bits of transparency oh wow great job. S-



































Gumi Nendoroid

I just heard someone talking just a bit ago about how silly it was that there was no Gumi Nendoroid considering how popular she is. She's one of my favorite vocaloids too. I guess the concern is that in most art she looks actually pretty freaky, so I'm curious about what style this will have. No way it isn't gonna be great though. S+




























Alice Nendoroid

Oh dang yeah I'm so glad they're doing more Touhous I had faith man I had faith. Eventually we'll get to my favorite obscure characters, I have faith. This'll be great though and Alice has been one of my favorite characters for years now, she's remained pretty static in the oft-changing list of my favorites. Plus she'll come with her dolls and all that, excellent excellent. ***





























Guilty Crown maingirl scale figure

Alright this makes sense and here's my same deal about how I like the character design especially the colours but hate the show and blah blah blah but dang that is well made, isn't it? Wow that is very well made. I don't plan on getting into scale figures any time soon but if I did I'd get ones like this. A-

































Sundressneko and Kurokirino

Are these official? I think they must be they look great but I'm sort of surprised they're making more Ore no Imouto stuff unless they know about some second season that I don't. Kirino's just sorta funny but I love the design for Kuroneko, there was a really nice piece of what I thought was fanart with that hat etc but maybe this is just some canon scene I don't know about. Gunslinger girl Nendoroid looks alright too but again no idea why it'd be coming out now plus I know like nothing about that show. B+ for Kirino, S for Kuroneko













Alright I think that's about it

Actually I'm pretty sure I forgot a bunch but whatever that's about all I feel like doing for that. Hopefully you enjoyed it. 


Stuff I wanted/expected to see but didn't



Strike Witches Nendoroids - Why are these taking so long argh! I just want Sanya and Lynette. And Erica.

YuruYuri Nendoroids - These are coming, right? I saw some thing about them or something.
Any Hidamari Sketch stuff - Come on guys it's getting a 4th season!! Please figure out that this show is profitable...
Idolmaster stuff from GSC - Well I guess they had some Nendoroid petites but I dunno. I guess this many characters is sort of panic-inducing.
More Nisemonogatari stuff - I hardly saw anything, surprising.

Okay that's enough about figures
Yeah that figures (lol). Man to think just like a year ago I wasn't sure if I ever wanted any.


Mangastream!!!! Viz!!!!!!!!!
So man wow this weekend has been crazy news-wise. Whitney Houston dead, reddit does massive purge of subreddits, my computer goes down and


OH AWESOME MY COMPUTER'S BACK UP
The SSD is still fried, everything I lost in the previous post I have still lost but at least I can get at my old stuff and such. BIG THANKS TO MY EXCELLENT FRIEND ADAM FOR LENDING ME A DRIVE IN MY TIME OF NEED. Anyone who likes supporting Starcraft things should support him by doing whatever it is that people do when they support someone in Starcraft. Here is maybe where you can do those things? I have no idea. Being on this semi-new computer is very weird and alien but it's really alright because I can watch Hidamari and read new One P-


WAIT MANGASTREAM IS DROPPING JUMP???
So pretty recently Viz announced this "Shonen Jump Alpha" thing. Basically a weekly online magazine of One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, all the big WSJ names. It would have chapters that are like 2 weeks old I think. Okay not perfect but hey it's an effort to appeal to those who want to uh actually read the series when it comes out and not years later. Weeks is a big step up from years. Furthermore, they hired Stephen, god of One Piece translation, to do the translation for One Piece. How cool is that!? I was so proud of Viz at that moment, finally (aside from lingering issues like Zolo but who really cares all that much?) Viz would have superior translations to random scanlation groups online. I wasn't planning on stopping reading scans as soon as they were released, but the price point for SJA was pretty reasonable and I was ready to subscribe to it too.

Until uh they made Mangastream stop scanlating WSJ stuff.

ARGH

Okay so I guess Mangastream was making money hand over fist by loading some ads on their site and muscling out other groups. That's sketchy, sure. But does Viz think they'll get any of that money by shutting them down? Do they think even a single solitary person who was going there is going to switch from paying nothing and getting the chapter ahead of Japanese retail to paying something and getting it several weeks later? It won't be me. And it's not like there weren't other options. More than ever there will be options now. Fighting piracy is like cutting heads of a hydra. Mangastream was just the best by a small margin in speed and upload quality. So what did they accomplish? They just severally pissed off a big chunk of their customer base. That's it. What's the point of that?

OH WELL.

Okay that's it for this blog post
Next blog post might be soon and it should be on 2011 music or 2011 anime.


But really it will probably be on the Black Rock Shooter anime which I think I must be crazy because I like it way way more than everyone else seems to.

It also might be about Burial's Kindred EP, which I like just as much as everyone else seems to, which is a WHOLE LOT. Seriously. Already I have a hard time imagining that something will top this in all of 2012. "Kindred" is the sound of a new type of fear. "Loner" appears to be from about fifty years in the future. "Ashtray Wasp" is the best song of fifty years in the future and seriously just about the best new thing I've heard since "Black and Yellow Sketch". This, in my mind, puts Burial on the Elder God tier of electronica along with Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada and I think that's it. More glowing praise to follow unless I somehow stop liking this which is roughly impossible.

See you then blogfans.

No comments: