Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Live Review - Assassination Classroom 61 - Demon Time

Tropical sickness! A mysterious hotel!
I feel like this will be an unconventional arc for AssClass but actually a pretty classic shonen mystery arc. Sensei's out of commission, only a few kids aren't sick, time to crew up and investigate!

Assassination Classroom 61 - Demon Time
Scans by Utopia

1
Oh, I guess only half the class actually got sick. Seems like more. I figure the culprit is that god of death they mentioned before...

2
I mean... the kids are way more important than the money, right? I guess these guys aren't even interested in killing sensei, they just want the cash. Fair enough, fair enough...

3
Ooh Nagisa and uhh what's her face, stepping up... Nagisa's gonna use his new killing technique, I bet.

4
Yeah, this is a pretty bad situation... lol crushing sensei's head.

5
Karasuma-sensei probably suspects who it is...

6
Ooooh haha this is cool. This is a Fukumoto sorta island. I hope they gamble up there!

7
Drug parties! My favorite!! This is pretty intriguing, what'll they do in this situation?

8
Haha Tatsuki... or whatever your name is... how soon you forget, lol.

9
Yeah, seems like they have no options... well, anything else would be lame, so you knew they were gonna have to make the deal.

10
Is sensei watching videos? Lol I guess he can't do much else... maybe if they showed him some slides of the virus he could design and describe an antibody or something... I dunno. Lol I keep forgetting they blew up the moon in this series lol. The shot of them in the bags is pretty funny.

11
Ahhh, him and Ritsu were up to something... hmm, not sure what this will be. I'm just glad sensei's staying involved. I was worried there wouldn't be much of him this arc.

12
Tactical espionage team! This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Great combination of tense and wacky, like the best heist films.

13
Aw, I was hoping it'd be more elaborate than that... using Nagisa and the girl as a decoy or something, so he could do some cool stuff... well, whatever.

14
Hmm... maybe they'll arrive at an even cooler hybrid prize. Wait though so they had to hand sensei over? I thought they were gonna just give them the reward money for killing sensei... uhh... confused. Like how do these guys plan on killing him after they get him?

15
Haha as soon as you point out something as "impossible" to these guys they'll go and do it, that's what being in a shonen manga means.

16
Ha cool. This is all so sudden, I feel like there are many other steps they've neglected. Well whatever ATTACK!

17
Okay so it'll probably be a bit more coordinated and such than just everyone busting through a window. That's good.

18
Alright cool badass! The kids as a tactical attack team! This could be a lot of fun!

19
Here we go! Badass!

This feels like the perfect recipe for an awesome arc!
Sensei's involved, but he can't autowin everything. There's a clear target and a lot of obstacles. There aren't many characters, so everyone can get a chance to shine in their unique way. This chapter did a great job of getting me hyped up for what's next! I guess it didn't contain a whole lot of content itself but whatever.

S

No comments: