Friday, October 4, 2013

Live Review - Fairy Tail 354 - Effy Artis

What the heck is Fairy Tail even up to these days?

Seems like the "unfreezing the village" arc is basically over, but the treasure hunters are still hanging around there, right? There's still some mysteries and such. I kinda liked that arc, probably my favorite in awhile. What'll happen next?

Fairy Tail 354 - Effy Artis
Scans by mangastream

Cover
This guy was... strange. The whole chapter of him losing his sock to the Raven Tail guy, what the heck? Uh oh well moving on...

1
Natsu already good buddies with the giants. Makes sense. I like the giants' designs. They look jolly.

2
Time for exposition, I guess. That big fish they're looking looks pretty tasty, where's Happy at?

3
So yeah... no one knows anything. Flashback to confusing lines by that confusing villain that still don't make sense. Sure.

4
Lucy freaks out at the very name Tataros. Okay fine. And they sent like a subordinate evil guild... uhh whatever. Mysteries but Natsu doesn't care. Lucy looks pretty cute there. Where's Flare? Prolly too embarrassed to meet the giants after abandoning them or something?

5
Oh man, she has a bad rep here or something... Like Nami thought she had, or Rebecca has now... prolly be like Nami where they actually want to forgive her or something. Fairy Tail always redeems all the female characters so they can hang around the guild and be fanservicey. Minerva will be next I bet.

6
Yeah... see they're gonna apologize and stuff. Blah blah blah. Btw have there been any female giants shown yet? I don't get it.

7
"Lots of fun stuff... and a lot of scary stuff"... "Also I tried to murder a lot of people and worked for an evil organization" *everyone grins*

8
Why is Flare still freaked out? Isn't obvious they've forgiven her? How the hell did she live here anyways? Did she make big hair hands to open doors and stuff?

9
Awww, that's pretty nice though. I like this page, nice spread. Jolly giants. I want to see them fight a dragon or something. I wonder if they can do magic... it'd be sorta lame if they could like, what's the point of big?

10
Awww, c'mon Mashima... you can't have such blatant fanservice on the same page as an emotional breakdown. You keep trying to do this and it's always so cringeworthy.

11
Everyone smiling... how nice.

12
I really like this page... the narration is good, classic sort of storytelling, all the panels look very nice. I'm actually pretty excited about what will happen next 'cause they're busting out like the top tier ominous villains.

13
More pretty cool scenery. Mashima is good at shots like this. Also more Minerva yup see she's gonna switch sides soon I bet. I really like Minerva's design so whatever.

14
Wuh oh. The evil guild got raided... by an even greater evil? lol i dunno.

15
Some sort of harpy lady... Like Monet. But Monet was so cool. And here we already get a ridiculous ass shot. Good job Mashima. I feel like I'm already sick of this character and she just showed up.

16
Those hips are ridiculous what the hell Mashima. Trying to get in on that monster girl fetish craze I guess. So there's like 9 generals... sure convenient. This outfit is... confusing. What's that like hair tail thing behind her?

17
Okay yeah I understand how that works now with the hair thing... okay so these guys hired Succubus Eye, and Minerva figures since they screwed up they're getting taken out, but actually Tartarous doesn't really give a crap... and why should they? Why did they take out the village in the first place? Something to do with the dragon? So confus. Is Minerva gonna have to withstand the reinforcement?? If she says some stuff about her comrades' lives it's gonna be really out of character argh I bet that's what happens.

18
Stop it!! St-... uh whatever.

Okay sure
I guess there's a big war coming up... evil guilds vs. good guilds? Vs. magic counsel thing? Vs. dragons? I have no idea. Maybe I should I feel like I keep forgetting to pay attention to things... Anyways this chapter was alright, a lot of scenes I enjoyed and some mysteries I'm pretty excited to see resolved. Didn't really advance much and a lot of other mysteries I don't really care about, but whatever...

B

No comments: