Sunday, October 6, 2013

Live Review - Gambling Emperor Zero Part 2 82 - Perspective

The mystery of the stained glass room begins!

The final mystery of the arc! I'm pretty excited... So, what do we have left? The only remaining clue is the page of additions, two correct and one incorrect. Let's speculate a bit: there's three walls with stained glass, right? 'Cause one has the door. So if each addition corresponded to one of the walls, and the one that was incorrect signified that that was where the entrance was... that'd make sense, right? Uhhh I dunno. What could the numbers mean? Number of pieces of glass in the windows? Wavelengths of the light after it passes through? Something to do with angles? Noooo idea. Let's find out!

Gambling Emperor Zero Part 2 82 - Perspective
Scans by Hox

1
Okay yeah three walls with windows, one with the door. Tatsuki's perturbed.


2

Some pretty nice art here, cool... Suezaki freaking out too.  What's Zero doing on the floor? I bet it has something to do with the stained glass being like, visible, on the floor, or whatever... Fukumoto's going out of his way to draw it every time...


3

I like this one with all the fruit lol tasty. Suezaki's obviously got money on da mind already.


4
Oh never mind he's thinking that sort of thing... hmm... pretty sensible. I bet Zero's gonna say... "They aren't wrong!" or something.

5
Hmmmmmm what isss it? Wait, time? Like... 3h45m after 3:45 is 6:55? Is that accurate? I'm too lazy to do the math lol. And then it's like, at those times... the entrance will be revealed if you like... mark off where things are on the floor at those times? No idea...

6
Tatsuki figured it out... okay this is probably my last chance. Okay I looked it up and 3:45 after 3:45 is 7:30... lol... obviously. Okay now I have no idea. Maybe my old idea about like, some numbers are codified to other numbers? But that has nothing to do with stained glass stuff.


7

Oh man even this kid gets it too! Crap c'mon Steven... ummmmmmmm.... No... no idea.


8
??? 3-4-5 triangle, sure... so if you had two of them... attached them along the 4-side... you'd get a 6-5-5 triangle. ahaaaa. Cool. Okay lemme check the other two... 4-3-5 + 4-3-5 = 8-5-5... yup, easy... 6-5-5 + 8-5-5... you take the two triangles you just made... but how do you combine them? like, is this a 15-10... square? Uhh... hmm. Anyways I really like this riddle, really good, works well with the stained glass stuff. 


9
The tiger! And the dragon next to it! Haha all the clues are coming together! But there must be still a few more twists...


10
Yup, combining them... 6-5-5... exciting. They have to find the other two I guess, and then the room will open. Crazy. Seems umm... impossible to have rigged up something like this.


11
They fell off! So yeah, I guess when they get the other triangle the two will combine to form the final key. Zero seems sorta shocked! But I thought he'd be this far ahead already... Hmmm...


12
Oh wait that wasn't Zero, that was the kid... can't ever remember his name. Him and Tatsuki working together, just like he intended. Neat.


13
Yeah, Zero seems like he had seen all this coming. Wow we're just flying through this last challenge. That's okay. What's next?

14
Naoki, right. Zero has an idea... hmm.... I don't really have any idea. I can't parse the 1510 in any way that makes sense... Maybe I'm stupid.


15
Yeah, he figured it out. The last step! What is it? Noooo idea.


16
The fruit window... argh I have no idea. Like I think he'll put it in those little diamond shapes in the bottom, like, it looks like they fit there, but what does that have to do with 1510? Maybe I'm stupid.


17
Okay yeah... so you put it in there... but what does it meeeean?


18

Awwwwwwwwwwww.... dammit. I wouldn't have got that. Pretty sneaky, Fukumoto! Making me... regret not having learned Japanese... not like I don't regret that enough as is...


19
The secret entrance is opening up! But... there's still another 5 or so chapters in this volume? So... what's gonna happen next??

One chapter to beat the Stained Glass room!

They spent longer walking into the room than they spent in it... lol. That's fine though. This was a briskly-paced chapter full of puzzles. Classic Fukumoto red herrings and multiple layers of meanings. Very satisfying. I can't wait to see what happens next! Who kidnapped him? Is he OK?


S+

No comments: