Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Live Review - One Piece 725 - The Undefeated Woman

Dressrosa arc continues into many-threaded chaos!
Sanji, Momotaro, Nami, Brook, and Chopper retreat to Zou with a captive Caesar. Law squares off with Doflamingo. Luffy cheers on Rebecca in Block D. Zoro and Kinemon attempt to get Luffy's attention. Dofla's army prepares to move. Usopp, Robin, and Franky prepare to attack the factory with the dwarf army. Have I got all that? What will happen next? I have no idea... I'm thinking a long flashback is required to sort some stuff out... I can't wait to see. This arc is getting complicated but it's stayed super compelling the whole time.

One Piece 725 - The Undefeated Woman
Scans by mangastream

cover
OH MY GOD IT'S X-DRAKE. OH MY GOD YES. YESSSSSSSSSS. I LOVE X-DRAKE. Is he on Kaidou's side now? AHHHHHH SO EXCITED!

1
Yeah, I kinda see Dofla's point at the moment... he still seems pretty "large and in charge" despite Law's alliance. I'm not sure if I get what happened with Jola exactly but that might be translation stuff I dunno. Law still has a whole lot of energy ooph look at that attack! Who is the "he" Law is referring to? My guess is... the former king of Dressrosa?

2
Aww, Chopper's sad about Law... they became best buddies during Punk Hazard! Doctoring friends! I didn't think of Nami being able to disperse clouds, that makes sense though... Momotaro's still dragon mode, what's with that? Anyways yeah so Law wanted Doflamingo vs. Kaidou, makes sense, weakens both of them significantly. Clever guy, that Law.

3
Oh, this is when Momotaro + his dad + the other samurai went to Dressrosa for... uhh I can't remember why they went there. There's a theory that Kaidou is actually the emperor of Wano Country... I quite like that idea. Anyways Doflamingo happened to be out just murdering people and espousing insane sadistic ideology... Typical day for him.

4
One Piece does this thing I don't like much where if a dude's power is mysterious or whatever they won't show him using it much, or always show it obliquely or something, but then after it's explained more he gets really blatant about it... it's like, okay, I understand why this happens, and Dofla has some badass attacks, but before he'd always just puppet people to fight, or suddenly just slice off a limb, now he's doing all sorts of regular punk crap... licking blood... I dunno I feel like it makes him a bit too cartoony. Ooh the first shot of the other samurai... Was it like, there was three samurai, and one got lost at sea, and the other two went to Dressrosa? Or something? I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyways Momosuke is understandably traumatized over Doflamingo.

5
Haha Sanji's lewd expressions are always funny. So that's how Violet got away, and I guess Sanji figured out the lightning thing but came for the fish... well whatever. Damn man Sanji did the air run thing for a looong way. Also I'm guessing Violet made up that story actually... just a feeling I have. Or maybe these government acquaintances are CP0? I totally forgot about them lol.

6
Yeah nope Violet's on some other shit. Good job Rebecca! You can do it! You're probably what the title's referring to. Wow crowd shots in this arc are always so entertaining with the toys and such... even more than Fishman Island.

7
LOL Bart. Good for you man, good deal. But how is he gonna be confident enough to approach Luffy?

8
Looks like Block D's almost over... dang, I kinda wished we got to see more of it, some of the guys looked really cool. Seeing so much of Block B was really fun and I feel like it allowed Oda to really work ahead on the story, which I'm sure he appreciated with the density etc of what's been happening. Damn Rebecca's got some moves though. I bet the remaining fighters are like her, Cavendish, hopefully Damask, Orlumbus, those guys were awesome.

9
Cool yeah nice moves. I just wish her costume wasn't so stupidly lewd...

10
I agree, Luffy! That is totally badass. I wonder why Rebecca won't ever actually attack someone, though... some ethics thing? Luffy said she didn't have any killing intent when she attacked him, either... Well, this ring out technique isn't gonna fly against Cavendish or my main man ORLUMBUS.

11
Awww, even though they hate her family, they can't help but love Rebecca. They're all tsundere for her. Even Cavendish's impressed! Ooph, who's this dude? Big grappler type! Watch out, Rebecca!

12
Ah, the Riku army dudes are still hanging around. Good, I liked them, especially ol' Don Chinpao. This is a funny situation here, lol. I'm glad the fighting bull is OK too.

13
Ohhh no! It was a RUSE. He's been tricked into enslavement at the factory! Pretty good racket for ol' Doflamingo. Wait wait wait, did Chinjao fall into this too? Nah wasn't he free and thanking Luffy and stuff? I dunno now I'm confused.

14
OH MY GOD. These guys... team losers... they're gonna be another army-type force! OH MY GOD THAT'S SO EXCITING. I love so many of these characters. This is such a cool spread. That Mickey Mouseish toy in the front is freaky lol. WAIT IS THAT IT??? ONE PIECE WILL BE ON HIATUS NEXT WEEK?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo....

Geez that seemed short!
Am I crazy? Well... whatever. After a few Law-focused chapters we're back to little scenes of everyone. We had some comedic moments, some really badass ones, and ones that hype me up for even more developments in what's already the most complex arc in the series. I'm so so happy to see all the losers of Block B and C back and gonna be relevant, that's hype. Weird that no one seems notable that was in Block A... I guess Burgess wrecked them so badly that they're just straight down for the count? Or maybe they've already been toyified or enslaved or whatever's about to happen here... I can't wait to find out. My guess is that Pica has the toy-making fruit and makes toy slaves out of everyone or something... Anyways hype chapter. And OH MAN X-DRAKE BACK AGAIN OH MY GOD.

S-


No comments: