Monday, October 7, 2013

Live Review - Saki 117 - View

Mahjong Time!

We're into the uh... vanguard? I don't remember what the second person's title is... we're in that match though. Mako's trying to remember games that look like this via blur-o-vision, which is actually probably one of the more feasible Saki powers, actually... there's Go and chess players that can use facial-recognition-type memory to recall board positions... Anyways she's up against the Chinese player and some other unorthodox types, so can't remember any board states like this. Uh oh. Umm I dunno Mako's sort of my least favorite on team Saki (which isn't saying a whole lot 'cause I love those guys) and overall this match is way less compelling than the one against the miko team. Well whatever let's see what's happening.

Saki 117 - View
Scans by Yuri Project

1
Bucho says to only... half remove her glasses? I dunno I don't really get it. Good grief!


cover
These are probably my least favorite two on team Saki lol. I like them both a lot though...


2
Okay yeah we have Chinese girl, amateur girl and girl who I forget with the weird hair. Amateur girl's getting wrecked lol.


3
Mako gets a flashback now too. Hmm well as much as I kinda just want to get through this game and to the way more hype games coming up, I do appreciate Mako finally getting some good attention after getting so neglected. Good for her + her fans.


4
Young Mako looks pretty cute. I like her shirt. Geez how many characters in Saki played with their grandpas?


5
I was surprised she wasn't like "I saw something awesome today... yakuman!". I'm just so used to Saki characters only talking about Saki all the time.


6
What sort of accent do these guys have? I question the translation usage of "ye" etc... uh but I don't really care. Anyways grandpa's sick um am I crazy or is he about to die and leave Mako his glasses? Is that's what gonna happen?


7

Lol I woulda hoped they'd notice something like that sooner, right? I dunno... when do people realize they have bad eyesight? No idea.


8
The revelator! Nice flowers. What's this got to do with mahjong though? Her family runs a parlor right?

9
The grandpa just reminds me of Kappa from Animal Crossing now. And what is he gonna die now?


10
...For real? He's just gonna die right now? And this all seems sorta thematically weird wrt Mako taking those glasses off when she goes pro mode...


11
Oh haha I got tricked. I should have realized... "Ye prankster"... ok.


12
Okay well that was a cute flashback... I guess this unfamiliar boardstate reminds her of the first time she could see clearly in terms of how new it is?


13
Amateur girl is so happy. I like her.


14
Ah yeah okay the unfamiliarity... but she still has experience! Have to show bucho that view... I ship her with Kyaptan way more though sorry Mako.


15
Riichi! Uhh I'm not about to go check what her hand was last chapter but whatever... I think they're still in second, aren't they? I dunno good job Mako but no need to get so dramatic.


Mako chapter!
Seeing that it looks like she'll get most of next chapter to actually do her thing, and she had the previous two chapters to panic and stuff, we're getting roughly 4 times as much Mako action than normal. That's like... okay with me, I guess. But I'm really just more excited for finals!! This chapter had a nice flashback and some development of a neglected character, so that's all good, but I think we advanced only one hand in the game lol.


B+

No comments: