Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Live Review - The World God Only Knows 246 - Nicely Tangled Threads, Badly Tangled Threads

The World God Only Knows 246 - Nicely Tangled Threads, Badly Tangled ThreadsSo looks like Shakespeare time is over, eh?
Yeah, shucks... But maybe we're actually making some progress in this arc. Lately the hierarchy of what the hell is going on in this series is getting pretty insane. Let's attempt to summarize:

-Keima was sent back in time for some reason to do with demons being released from the cave during his school trip
-For some reason the demons have made Kaori the queen of the school or whatever, and in return she's giving them the bodies of some girls
-Keima has to conquer her to stop her from making the deal with the demons
-To this end he got into a play competition with Tenri and Kaori

This is... confusing. I keep forgetting what he's actually trying to do. Well, it looks like the play stuff is ending, so that moves us up a layer in terms of... stuff happening anyways. I'm worried this chapter will just have a bunch of junk about how the time travel works that I don't care about, based on the title... Ugh... Just... get it all over with please.

The World God Only Knows 246 - Nicely Tangled Threads, Badly Tangled Threads
Scans by Red Hawk Scans

1
Okay yeah so we're moving towards the actual event with the demons that it seems like he was sent back in time to screw with... sure good okay.

2
Seems like conquering Kaori is just sort of incidental to this plan now... Uhh whatever.

3
Good memory Elsie!! Looks like Tenri will be targeted... Keima will save her... or something... I dunno.

4
Lol Elsie I think it's implied that you stop her if she's doing something like this... maybe... who knows what Keima's planning. Wait who is that? The teacher I bet?? Cause what the hell is she doing this whole time?

5
Wait nevermind the teacher is at the high school and probably isn't even doing demon stuff at this point... actually obviously not cause the demons haven't been released. Lol. Anyways it's these creepy dudes, vintage. Maybe there's 9 powerful members. Or something. Lol. Do you get it?? Who is the other extra? Kaori???

6
Ha yeah exactly. Never trust a demon! Now Keima can rescue her and she can sabotage the rest of the plans or something. Wait how can Keima save her exactly? These vintage dudes don't play around. Also the scenes here are kinda disturbing...

7
C'mon Elsie! You can do it! This is pretty freaky.

8
Lol nevermind. Good job Elsie. You did nothing. Keima saw this coming, though. What's the next move?

9
Oh yeah that weird countdown blob thing... so much stuff going on... I can't care about all of it...

10
Lol don't need to save her. I guess if he just defeats the vintage behind all of it that'll be fine... watch out though charbelcher wins way faster than you expect lol.

11
Haha no way! Good job Elsie! You fooled me! This is a cute page, classic TWGOK.

12
Ugh... young Ayumi makes my heart hurt. Unbearable. This chapter just got three or four times as good. I like Dokurou alright too but holy shit young Ayumi.

13
Haha I was worried we'd get boring exposition on how to fix this but Elsie's modern magic can actually do it! Good job Elsie!!

14
Uhhh... I'm too lazy to figure this out. Being a time travel plot I just assume it probably doesn't actually make sense and I don't care so whatever just do whatever you're gonna do or not do or whatever.

15
Uhhh now some other complicated plan that we're gonna see as it happens and only figure out later... umm... I'm just gonna assume I won't understand what's happening. And that the celestial robe is gonna do some serious shit.

16
I guess he still has to conquer Kaori because there's a hole in her heart already... uhh... does that make sense though if the demons haven't even been freed yet? I have no idea...

17
Yay Dokurou's coming too! She's been underutilized lately. I felt like they had just left her at that gate for months now.

18
Hmm, the jealousy route? I dunno I have no idea. Hey what happened with the play, like, isn't the audience wondering where Kaori is? Well whatever.

Moving into a new sub-arc of the Kaori arc
Which in turn is a sub-arc of the time travel arc... sigh... Fine whatever. Seems like they're moving into the endgame of all this crap, which is nice, 'cause I'm kinda getting sick of these time travel shenanigans. On the plus side this chapter had a lot of cute Elsie shenanigans, which I love, and young Ayumi, who is weapon-grade moe. And really, that's what I'm reading TWGOK for.

B+


No comments: