Thursday, November 7, 2013

I submitted something to Thought Catalog

Why did you do it?
Yesterday in the shower I thought of writing a personality type quiz, except it would be really bleak. So I wrote it and posted it on outsid, and after I did I thought that it was like the sort of thing that I like to read on Thought Catalog. So I submitted it.

What is Thought Catalog?
It's umm... http://thoughtcatalog.com/about/ I guess.

I don't like everything on there but there's some stuff I find pretty entertaining. I found it while googling for Tao Lin stuff.

Do you think it will be published?
I really have no idea, lol.

Why haven't you been keeping up with manga reviews?
I sorta lost interest in doing them... I dunno. I still like the idea of doing manga reviews, and doing live reviews, but maybe the combination was excessive. I also don't have a whole lot of free time at the moment, maybe when I have more free time I'll do more of them.

(On the event that it was published on Thought Catalog the following might be relevant questions)

Hi I followed the link to your blog on your... page... thing. Or whatever.
Hi. Welcome to my blog. It doesn't really have much of interest to a lot of people... It's also really poorly organized so even if there was conceivably something you might like to read it probably isn't worth digging through pages and pages to find. I'd try to organize it better but when I read anything I wrote more than like a week ago I feel disconnected from it and embarrassed by it. You might enjoy reading my album reviews, that's my most popular "feature".

Wow, that thing you posted was awfully bleak, wasn't it?
I guess so, yeah... but that was the point, right? I dunno, I was hoping people would find it funny in some way. Or maybe not quite funny... there's a sort of reaction I have to a lot of Tao Lin or John Campbell or stuff like that where it's not quite funny, but it's too irreverent to be sad. For the record I do not feel that sad these days and you shouldn't worry about me. I listen to Kanye West's "We Major" all the time and sing along to the hook.

I enjoyed what you posted and want to read more
Please let me know because I think it will motivate me to write more. Right now I am trying to write a lot of short fiction and other silly article things. I'll email people things if they want to read them but there isn't much that I feel confident posting yet.

I hate what you posted and think you should stop writing
Please let me know because I am very afraid of rejection and should try to face and overcome such a limiting fear.

(On the event that it wasn't published on Thought Catalog the following might be relevant questions)

Are you sad that you didn't get published?
Yeah probably(?)... but I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so shouldn't even be that big a deal.

Will you try publishing there again?
If I write something else in the "genre" that I like to see on Thought Catalog and I consider it better than this one that I just submitted yeah I think I will, why not?

I guess that's it for now

No comments: