Monday, April 21, 2014

Song of the Day #2: Domo Genesis - SS4

A daily song, every day!

...Well, whatever. This will be a... whenever I feel like it sorta feature, I guess.


Maaan... This is just ridiculous. Of the Odd Future "Elite 4" (Earl, Tyler, Frank Ocean, and Domo), I paid Domo the least attention. I was more interested in Mike G, tbh. And like he always put in work on guest features and stuff but I wasn't into this sort of flow a whole lot so I didn't seek it out that much. But lately I've really been into this sort of style, maybe 'cause of Schoolboy Q, I got into Flatbush Zombies a lot too, and the guy from that produced this track. But yeah I am just totally in love with this now. Probably best DBZ-inspired song not made by Soulja Boy. The beat is crazy, I am obsessed with that first steel drum type sound, I think because it reminds me of the drums on "Packt like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box", lol. And it's so short, which makes it addictive. This is one of those tracks where you know you're gonna listen to it like 40 times in a row but you don't set it up to just loop because there's a certain pleasure in deliberately going to foobar and replaying it as soon as it finishes, a certain satisfaction to hearing the beginning when you first click it. Wow, so good... his first album is gonna be insane.

No comments: