Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Song of the Day #6: Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Robes (ft. Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt)

They often see what we can't see, wearing a smile...


This whole album is really incredible. Madlib-produced things are just so amazingly consistent, it's like, every single beat that starts up you start feeling it right away. It's the sorta album where when you listen to it you're almost in disbelief, like, you keep thinking "how can they keep this up, how can they top this?". I remember when I first heard it I hadn't really looked at the tracklist much or paid attention to it so when I heard Domo I was pretty surprised, I started wondering if Earl was here too, and sure enough... This song is just solid as hell, three great verses over an awesome beat. And oh man lol at the end when he talks about that "TLC shit" and sings a parody of "Waterfalls"... that got me addicted to listening to "Waterfalls" for a few weeks. Like, just that joke. What the hell? That's probably more to do with how catchy "Waterfalls" is than anything else, though.

No comments: