Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Song of the Day #19: Future - Benz Friendz (Whatchutola) (ft. Andre 3000)

Whatchutola? Whatchutola?


This is a weird ass song, man. Basically it's just Andre and Future complaining that girls care too much about cars when "they don't mean shit". Already this is weird 'cause Future blew up quite a bit on "Bugatti" but whatever. And like Andre's line about how he sold his Porsche because he was "tired of it" and then this girl "told these folks [he's] goin' broke" but he says "If I'm broke, it's only hearted"... I dunno, it's not that I don't believe him, it's just some weird stuff to rap about. I dunno, I just feel like this song has like four or five messages that don't quite contradict but don't really match up either. It doesn't matter though, because this song is also just straight fire 100%. Future's verse is good, but Andre's rare bars still shine like stars like holy shit what a rapper. My favorite part is Future's bridge where he shouts "These cars don't mean shit! These hoes don't mean shit!" etc, I loved it a lot when I had no idea what he was saying and now that I looked it up I love it even more. It just sounds so badass over this crazy Ennio Morricore (lol) beat.

No comments: