Friday, May 23, 2014

Song of the Day #26: Ab-Soul - Stigmata (ft. Action Bronsen & Asaad)

From the fiery pits of some Dead Poet Society shit!

https://soundcloud.com/topdawgent/ab-soul-stigmata-ft-action-bronson-asaad

This is like a whole new type of banger, sheesh. I probably haven't payed as much attention to Ab-Soul as I have the rest of Black Hippy, but songs like this make me feel so wrong. This song has this flow... it's at once really thuggish, really progressive and "futuristic", really laid back but really intense. I don't understand how this sweet spot could exist. Content wise, too, how is it that Ab-Soul can rap really honestly and powerfully about his condition and his upbringing while Action says stuff like "on the four wheeler shredding up sand dunes" (probably because that's totally honest for him too)... I dunno, I have no idea what's going on here, it's sick as shit, though, certifiable banger.

No comments: