Thursday, June 5, 2014

Song of the Day #39 - American Football - Never Meant

Music that make you feel some type of way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NfnXdXpjL0

This is one of those bands in genres that I don't really care but I figured like "must exist", like, there must be the first-wave emo album that had all the qualities in emo that I figured existed. And yeah here it is. You look at the album cover, you look at the song titles, you have a certain impression, and that impression turns out to be 100% accurate. That goes double for this opening track, it just has it all... the melodic guitars, the precise drums, the pained but beautiful singing, the lyrics that are just brutally simple and sincere like "So let's just pretend everything and anything between you and me was never meant" Jesus owww. The music video, released a timely 15 years later than this song, is basically perfect too. When I saw the house from the cover I felt way more emotional than I was expecting, ouch.

No comments: