Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Song of the Day #47 - Panda Bear - Last Night at the Jetty

Didn't I?


Sorry for the Song of the Day hiatus... I was away for awhile. Anyways, we're back in it today and hopefully for the foreseeable future. A few days ago I couldn't sleep and I kept thinking about the phrase "Didn't I?", and I knew I had heard it in some song, but I couldn't think of what it was. It was sorta frustrating... I couldn't look it up or anything either. Well, it's from this, I'm pretty sure... except that I was remembering it with a really different infliction. Strange... the infliction I was remembering I'm still finding somewhat haunting, which seems weird, to find a specific infliction haunting, but I keep thinking it really "goes with" certain sorts of phrasing in a really beautiful way... something that I might try to work on. Okay anyways this song though is still really sick, I think a really good representative of the album's feel - the big drums, the simple and sincere lyrics, the sort of "churning" beachy drone... wow, what a great album. "DREEEEEEAMS THAT I ONCE HAD, DID I HAVE IT ANYWAYS?" is such a jam.

No comments: