Sunday, November 16, 2014

Song of the Day #90 - Eminem - Detroit vs. Everybody

They say Detroit ain't got a chance, we ain't even got a mayor!


Idk I loved Kendrick's verse as much as everybody but I think my favorite part of "Control" was Big Sean's lines about Detroit. Something about that attitude was really infectious. I guess "Detroit vs. Everybody" is a clothing line that both this and Sean were referring to. Whatever. Anyways this is a solid song. Really happy to see Dej Loaf on something with this much publicity. Everyone basically just does their "gimmick" but in a way that shows exactly why they built a career off of it in the first place.

Really though what I'm most excited about with this is that apparently Snoop Dogg is now making "Los Angles vs. Everybody", featuring... The Game, Tyler the Creator, Kendrick Lamar, Dr Dre, YG, Snoop Dogg, Problem, Nipsey Hussle, Crooked I, Kurupt, and Dom Kennedy. Um, oh my god? I really really hope we get tracks like this from every big city. Atlanta, Chicago, Houston (they could just rerelease Welcome 2 Houston though, I'd be fine with that), man, even Toronto would be pretty sweet. New York would be way too stacked, though, but they could go borough by borough. Mannnn, I hope so. Could be so much fun.

No comments: