Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Song of the Day #189 - MSTRKRFT - Bounce (ft. N.O.R.E. and Isis)

All I do is party!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXiO9KAXEeE

Ayyyy today I submitted my last paper for undergrad!!!

And I'm feeling exactly one type of way about it and that way is "awwww yeaaaaaaaah!!!!"

I don't have a job, I'm not being trained for a job. And, for the first time since I was a small child, I am not in any sort of educational institute or immediately between such institutes. That means I am not in employment, education, or training. That means I am a NEET. Omg dude that means ALL I DO IS PARTY, HA HA HA HA.

When I first started university this song had just come out a month or so before and one of the very first "memes" I had with my very first friend in university was imitating the noises at the start of it. The "kid boogaloo! kuhboogaloo!" and the "skeeerereeewww", the latter we agreed sounded a lot like a noise Captain Falcon might make. We were also both big fans of The Looks, and we agreed that there was something kinda lacking in "Bounce" compared to that album... a certain rawness and uniqueness to the sound had been mainstreamified. Like this was the age where "all I do is party, ha ha ha ha" wasn't actually enough for me, and Cunninlynguists were my favorite rappers. But our shared, semi-ironic indulgence in the song, and the happy times that it facilitated, helped me down the long road towards, for better or worse, the sort of panpoptimism that had got me by the throat now. Ha ha ha ha. I still sometimes think of the "skeeerereeewwww" sound when Falcon dies. I'm still good friends with him.

No comments: