Thursday, September 17, 2015

Song of the Day #204 - Hot Chip - And I Was A Boy From School

We try, but we didn't have long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fu1PQWTBk

You guys remember this song? It was really popular around when it came out... sheesh, almost 10 years ago, holy moly. I haven't really kept up with their more recent releases but The Warning still has a permanent residence in that place in my brain that makes me get songs stuck in my head at 3am for no reason. I typically think of this song, "Over and Over", and the title track all as one giant lump of music that I then mentally sort into the individual tracks. They all have pretty different beats but the vocals have this consistent mode to them that allows you to sing the choruses of all of them basically back to back, it's pretty fun, I'd recommend trying it out.

I think this one wins among the three mainly because the other songs have some sort of "breakdown" part that, although sonically interesting, isn't really the sort of singalong banger I'm looking for here. This is SUCH a fun song to sing omg, the range in the chorus is just perfect for me, it's effortless and yet I can put so much into it, I can swell it where I want and "bring it on home" and stuff. Singing is really fun, as is thinking about what you enjoy in singing. Okay I dunno I don't have much else to say about this. Just try singing along and have some fun! I'm up at my cottage for a few days so song of the day is gonna go on break probably.

No comments: